Monday, May 18, 2009

God is...

Tragedy - an event causing great suffering.

My heart is aching for a dear friend who is in the middle of a tragedy today.  An event which seems to be without reason, no way to understand, no answer.  Just pain.  Just hurt.  Just tears.

Over the last couple of days, prior to the tragedy, I have been searching the character of God.  I simply did a word search at biblegateway.com of "God is".  Here is some of what I found:

GOD IS:
  • Greatness
  • Strong
  • Giving
  • Compassionate
  • Unfailing
  • A God of Kept Promises
  • Mighty
  • Awesome
  • With us
  • A God who Fights for Us
  • Love
I know these are God's character.  He is these things.  And although I cannot understand the tragedy...I know I serve a God who is Perfect.  Unfortunately, this world is not.  And there is hurt and there is pain and there is heartache.  But a know, that one day...there will be perfection and glory.

No comments: