Tuesday, May 12, 2009

saying sorry or repenting?

The other day I found myself in the parking lot of the grocery store with all three of my children in tow.  Although I know there are those of you reading, you brave souls you, who see absolutely nothing wrong with this picture, I can think of about a million things I would rather do with all three of my children at one time than go to the grocery store.  But, for whatever reason, clearly a lack of planning on my part, there we were.  
I clearly went over all grocery store rules with them, reminding them to keep our voices quiet , don't wander off , watch out for other shoppers , and , most of all, keep our hands to ourselves.  They all nodded in agreement with the aforementioned rules.  Big sigh and off we go - completely against my better judgment.  Desperate, I was!
(Now, please don't start judging my parenting.  I am certain there are ways to encourage stellar behavior whilst grocery shopping, making it a fun and enjoyable family activity that everyone loves to do together. I have decided that I will not EVER think that grocery shopping is a family activity and have thus resolved to survive those occasions when I do find myself there, alone with 3 little people in tow.  Judge if you must, talk about me if you need…)
Anyway, can you guess what happens nearly the moment we walk in the door?  Yep, boys tugging at each other.  "Sorry, mom."  Voices WAY TOO loud.  "Sorry, mom."  Complaining about the pudding selection.  "Sorry, mom."  Running into other people's cart.   "Sorry, mom."  More loud voices.  "Sorry, mom."

"Stop telling me you're sorry!  Change your behavior!"
hmmmmmmmmm

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Do you realise that your playlist ministers just as much as the words on the blog.
Please know and remember how much the Lord loves,appreciates and delights in you.
I am looking forward to follow and participate in this journey of yours.
Blessed to be a blessing, aren't you?